Guided tours seven days a week, all year round. You do not need to reserve!
- From the end of the school Christmas holidays until 1 April:
- Mondays to Fridays: individual tours at 2.00 PM.
- At weekends and during the school spring holidays from 15 February to 1 March 2020: individual tours at 12.00 noon, 1.00 PM, 2.00 PM and 3.00 PM.
- 1 April to 1 November:
- Individual tours seven days a week between 10.00 AM and 5.00 PM. Tours begin at least once an hour, departing on the hour.
- 1 November until the start of the school Christmas holidays:
- Individual tours daily at 11.00 AM, 12.00 noon, 1.00 PM, 2.00 PM and 3.00 PM.
An individual tour lasts approximately 75 minutes and includes the viewing of a special film about mining in the Netherlands. You do not need to reserve!
The Steenkolenmijn is open daily all year round from 9.00 AM for group visits. By reservation only. A group discount of € 1.75 per person applies to groups of 20 or more.
The Steenkolenmijn is closed on Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Carnival Sunday and Carnival Monday.
Guided tours seven days a week, all year round.
- Adults: € 11.00
- Children age 0-4: free
- Children age 5-12: € 8.00
- Discounts: Limburgpass, Dutch under-30 youth pass.
- You do not need to reserve!
Groups (20 or more people)
Guided tours all year round, by reservation only.
- Adults: € 9.00
- Secondary school pupils: € 6.50(free admission for one accompanying adult per 20 pupils)
- Primary school pupils: € 6.00
(free admission for one accompanying adult per 20 pupils)
You are only required to book a guide for group visits, combination arrangements, or extensive evening tours. You should book one guide per 20-35 people. Our guides speak Dutch, German, and/or English. The guides are former mine workers. Hiring a guide costs €20.00.
Telephone: +31 (0)43 601 24 91
Fax: +31 (0)43 601 65 50
Round off your tour in the charming Daelhemergroeve. Try the Valkenburg cave beer. The underfloor heating guarantees a cosy temperature in the restaurant.